So you have decided to start a blog? You know that creating a web presence is a must, particularly if you are a consultant or managing a freelancing business.
Before designing your blog layout, or hiring a graphics designer, or writing your first post, there is one very important question you must ask yourself.
1. What is the purpose of my blog
Asking yourself this question will determine what you will write about and how you will market your blog. It will be the driving force behind every title, every sentence, and every word.
If you have not yet determined the reason for your blog, there are several steps you can take to overcome this.
First, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I want to educate?
- Am I aspiring to help others become successful medical writers?
- Is this blog is the answer to my dream in becoming an author?
- Does my purpose include growing a subscriberʼs list quickly, so that I can start making money through affiliate marketing as soon as possible?
- Am I am only interested in selling my writing service via this blog?
You should address these questions before you write your first post.
2. Name your interest.
If your blog is going to succeed, you must be committed to it long-term. It is imperative that you be interested, even passionate, about the topics you will write about on your new blog.
You may have multiple interests in various subject matters, but in this case you need to select a single topic.
Stay tuned for how you can do that.